Friday, August 26, 2016

Beer Flight Theatre Cast: Andrew Glenn

Hello All,

Threepenny Theatre's one weekend run of one act plays will feature the works of three of the greatest modern playwrights (Edward Albee, Harold Pinter and Tennessee Williams). Today we will meet the last of our actors. Andrew Glenn has been involved with Threepenny since the company's first show A Midsummer Night's Dream. A carpenter by trade, Andrew can usually be found backstage (either here at Threepenny or at Theatre Memphis), assisting with the construction of sets and serving on the run-crews of many, many productions over the last several years. He will be making his first on-stage appearance for Threepenny this weekend, and he stops by the blog to talk about it.

Andrew Glenn - The Unnamed Man


Welcome to the blog. What is your name and what show are you performing?

I am Andrew Glenn, and I will be in Harold Pinter's "New World Order."

How did you get involved in working backstage in the local theatres and Threepenny particularly?

I first started when my friend Jeff Posson got me involved in helping over at Theatre Memphis. My first show was Oklahoma! in 2008, and I ended up working on a lot of shows there. For Threepenny, I first helped with Matt's original production of A Midsummer Night's Dream and then helped again with the remount a few years later. Every now and then, Matt needs some help and I come help him. I sort of do every backstage thing you can think of: building sets, run-crew, pin-rail, lightboard and sound op, whatever is needed.

Any on-stage roles before this weekend?

My only other on-stage role was in Glengarry Glen Ross at Theatre Memphis. Tony Isbell was the director. There was a part that I was a good for, and it was a lot of fun.

What are your thoughts on your character in "New World Order"? 

I enjoy it. I don't really have any lines, so everything I do is supposed to be about a physical reaction to what is going on around me. So that's a lot of fun. It's a strange play.

Any last thoughts on the plays or the beer or anything else?

They're not really happy plays *laughs*. I mean, they're all really, really good, engaging and everything, but they're all fairly bleak, so drink that beer, with all your might *laughs*.

Thank you Andrew. This concludes our actor interviews, Be sure to come check out Threepenny and Memphis Made Brewing Company's Beer Flight Theatre Night, opening...

TONIGHT, August 26th at Evergreen Theatre. One Weekend Only!

Remember, all shows are Set-Your-Own-Admission with a suggested donation of $15. Curtain goes up at 8pm!

No comments:

Post a Comment